Betty Jean McCune, my wonderful Grandmother, died on Friday January 8, 2010. She was 83 years old and lived an amazing life. Hours before she left this earth I was able to hug and kiss her one last time. I told her Jesus was waiting for her and she was going to heaven and that I loved her so much.
Christ lived through her and helped her touch so many people during her lifetime. Everyone who knew Grandma was blessed by her presence and joyful spirit. She loved her family and made thousands of delicious meals for us. Her legacy lives on through me and my family. She helped us all in so many ways. Her generosity, love, and devotion to God impacted our lives forever.
Grandma is dancing and rejoicing in Heaven now. I know the Lord is so thrilled to have her home. I miss her but I am so thankful I will see her again and get to spend eternity praising Jesus with her. I love you Grandma.
This weekend was emotional but uplifting because she was a Christian. My family and I are also so blessed by the outpouring of love from many friends and family. Thank you all. (pics are from Christmas 2008)
Matt and I had a real treat last night (Saturday) in that His Mom Diana , our niece Elaina, and family friend Sue came for a visit. Elaina was a ray of sunshine in the house and the Lord sent her in perfect timing. Elaina giggles, smiles, jumps, and sings. We had adventures going to the Park, Mexican Restaurant, and Wal-Mart. Today we went to our church and she clapped and raised her hands for Jesus. It was a precious sight.
I'll end with this song...
He is jealous for me,
Loves like a hurricane, I am a tree,
Bending beneath the weight of his wind and mercy.
When all of a sudden,
I am unaware of these afflictions eclipsed by glory,
And I realize just how beautiful You are,
And how great Your affections are for me.
And oh, how He loves us so,
Oh how He loves us,
How He loves us all
No comments:
Post a Comment