It's 2010 and we are excited about what God has in store for us this year! It seems as we look back each year we always have many changes. Whether it be moving, well always moving..haha or new jobs I guess you could say we arent afraid of change. Change isn't easy but it can be great. One perk of moving all the time is going through all the stuff you have every year and decluttering. Matthew and I's goal for 2010 is getting financial freedom thanks to Dave Ramsey's "Total Money Makeover". I will share more on this book later. Great book!
Yesterday was the first day of 2010 and for me it was bittersweet. At my Dad's house we sat down to a warm delicious meal with my Dad, David (My Brother), Grandpa, and our wonderful friend Klara. After the yummy meal of pork roast, mashed potatoes, corn pudding, asparagus, squash with onions, and italian bread we went to visit Grandma. My Grandma has been battling Alzheimer's for the past 8 years. She is at the final stages where you forget how to walk, eat, and sometimes talk. Hospice is coming in today and yesterday we all said our goodbyes. I cried many tears but have peace and know she will be going to be with Jesus. Alzheimer's is a strange disease and honestly Grandma could pass tonight or could hang on for a few more years. It is hard to really say. My family and I had never seen her so bad though as we did yesterday. She would stare at the ceiling, wouldnt eat, but she did manage to say four times that she loved us. Hearing her talk was such a blessing and comfort.
Grandma is one the people in my life who has truly changed my life for the better in every way. She taught me how to cook and bake from scratch. My Grandma and Grandpa love the Lord and told me about Jesus. They first showed me what it is to show the love of Christ. My Grandparents are amazing people who are like parents to me. They were my "normal" growing up and they still have that place in my heart. So I am choosing to rest in the Lord during these times of uncertainity as I know She is in His Hands.
This year we will celebrate Matty and I's two year anniversary. Marriage is challenging yet beautiful journey that is amazing every day. Even though our bad days and moodiness can make it hard the love, acceptance, and sweetness of our relationship is incredible.
Oh and as our anniversary soon approaches so does Louie's 2nd birthday! He was our wedding present to each other which he really represents the "heavenly sandpaper" that our pre marriage couselor told us about..didnt know having a dog would cause so many "discussions" ;) a.k.a fights but we are learning to compromise which is huge. Thanks Lou :)


2 comments:
Look at you, you cute little blogging friend! I LOVE it.
Praying for your grandma. I know it's soo hard, but I also rejoice that soon she will be with her Savior, where she has a new body and a renewed mind.
Love you dear friend!
wow a comment!! I was so excited to see I had one :) Love you Jenny! Thanks for your prayers. Yeah decided I would a do a blog for our little family. Hope all is well in Kenya. Praying that your first week of school starts wonderfully!!
Post a Comment