shabby

Tuesday, December 28, 2010

relying on Christ

Hi Friends,

I havent been a very good blogger lately. I feel like I am just honestly exhausted. In December we were on the move as usual....going from St. Lucia to Sunset Beach, NC with lots of Christmas activities in between. We had some wonderful times but woah. With all that going on I have had a sinus infection that is on its 6th week now...ughhh. I am on my second dose of antibiotics and the doctors put me on steroids as well and some flonase...good times. With drugs there are lots of fun side effects..and I won't go into detail. So hopefully I will be back to 100% soon!

So onto another subject....Christmas :) It was wonderful. It was a blessing to be with family and we went to an AWESOME service at church Christmas eve. "Take the world but give me Jesus". Really just think about that for minute or two. Wow so give up all the presents, the shiny ornaments, the traditions, EVERYTHING, and just give me JESUS. The real reason for the season. Powerful stuff. He is all we need and the rest can be such a distraction. All of traditions and gifts, etc. can be a blessing and great but if we do all that and forget about Christ what's the point? This Christmas I had to rely on Christ...imagine that! I had to rely on His strength, His love, His confidence and compassion. My brother in law Brent is going through some rough times and he stayed with us for 3 nights over Christmas.  In my flesh I have no compassion, I have no love but in Christ He lives through me and I have all of these things. Thank you Jesus for making me your daughter and for continuously teaching your little girl. Jesus you are the gift.

Please pray for Brent and his family...dont really want to post specifics. Please ask me though and I will be glad to share in person or on the phone. xoxo
So I pray I continue to Rely on  Him... and I am realizing  how hard it is to not rely on my flesh. What is your default Christ or you?



No comments: