![]() |
| We think he is going to keep those gorgeous baby blue eyes :) My Dad and Grandpa both have blue eyes so it is in the genes. |
Here is a short video of his life so far :) http://animoto.com/play/IMAlG57tvtjxNtVoiWvgNA
Jonah will be 8 weeks old on Sunday. These past almost 8 weeks have been incredible, exhausting, and emotional. Jonah is a sweet boy and him and I are learning this new life together every day. Matt is learning as well but I am home all day so it is a little different for me. Being a mom is a huge responsibility and I don't take it lightly. I want to provide a great environment for Jonah and keep him healthy and safe.
The biggest thing I have struggled with is.. I am doing this whole parenting thing right? Am I a bad Mom?(this thought creeps in when Jonah is crying a bunch and I don't know why) He has had some acid reflux so now that we got medicine for that he is MUCH happier! He still has his moments though..and Matt reminds me that he is a baby and he is going to cry. Very true but it is never easy to see Jonah cry when you have tried everything to comfort him. Sometimes the little man just needs his sleep and he fights it to the end. He doesn't want to miss anything!
Another struggle has been not being able to stay at home with him full time. I go back to work on Tuesday. Just a few days away!I can't believe it :( This morning I sat down to read the book "The Circle Maker". I opened the book and immediately the spirit lead my eyes to this " A Second lesson learned is that no doesn't always mean no; sometimes no means not yet. We're too quick to give up on God when He doesn't answer our prayers when we want or how we want. Maybe your deadline doesn't fit God's timeline. Maybe no simply means not yet. Maybe it's a divine delay. Finally, I learned that we shouldn't seek answers as much as we seek God. We get overanxious. We try to microwave our own answers instead of trusting God's timing. But here's an important reminder: If you seek answers you won't find them, but if you seek God the answers will find you. There comes a point after you have prayed through that you need to let go and let God. How? By resisting the temptation to manufacture your own answer to your own prayer. "
So that hit me upside the head this morning! That is exactly what I needed to read. Definitely don't like hearing that but it is true and don't I want his perfect divine plan? Not one that I have tried to force? Maturity, surrender, losing control...this is what I am learning. I want to stay at home or at least work part time but the time just isn't right..right now. I am holding to that promise that one day I will get more time with Jonah day to day.
Until next time Enjoy the Moments!
xoxo Sarah, Matt, Jonah, and Louie
Oh and Louie is adjusting to Jonah :) He is now second fiddle and is coming to terms with that. He is still well loved just lacking as much attention.


No comments:
Post a Comment