I was flipping through my journal and came across a sermon from Journey earlier this month. Relationship Church went and spent a Sunday at Journey Church. Our pastor Tim got up on the stage with their pastor Jimmy and talked about our church. Basically to tell more people about RC and to be praying about whether people need to come plant the church with us. It was awesome! Journey is our parent church and it is such a blessing! They have provided so much encouragement, guidance, love...and the list goes on and on!
So that Sunday Jimmy spoke about Focus. He talked about Peter walking out to Jesus and walking on the water to him. How did he do it? Focus. Focusing on Jesus.
Here are some examples of Focus..
Focus on Circumstances= Fear
Focus precedes Faith
God is always faithful and is the source.
Focus on the source and that = Faith
Focus determines feelings, focus always precedes fear.
The enemy will always use fear
Focus on who you are and what you have, not who you arent and what you dont have. Focus on Christ, not yourself.
What would your life look like if you spent as much time as you spend pursuing money as you did pursing God?
Man does that convict you or what? It definitely did me. I can get so distracted and so engulfed in fear. I can look at our finances and go into a fear mode..what if or I want that..not Thank Lord for providing and wow look at what you have done!The biggest thing for me in that sermon was Focus determines feelings. So true!Being female there are lots of emotions!! too many at times ;) while emotions are good I can easily downward spiral quickly and my focus turns inward. Focusing on the Lord, who I am in Christ, and what I have will lead to good emotions and living a life of freedom and peace. If I focus on me, all my insecurities, believe lies from the enemy bad emotions will come and I will live out of fear and bondage.
FOCUS. LIVE. LOVE. FAITH :)
Love you my dear readers. Hope that spoke to you like it did me.
Enjoy and cherish the moments,
Sarah xoxo

No comments:
Post a Comment