shabby

Sunday, September 26, 2010

Craving Christ

Ok so God is pretty awesome in the fact that He will speak to us in any kind of circumstances. God has no limits and always talks to us in ways that relate to us at that specific moment. This past Tuesday night Matt and I decided we wanted Pei Wei for dinner..yum :) On the way over there I wasn't really that hungry. I went inside to place my order and immediately I smelled all the delicious food cooking and the aromas overtook me. Within a matter of seconds I was starving! I placed my order then walked across the street to return a Redbox movie then went back into Pei Wei.  It happened for the second time when I smelled the yummy Chinese food I went from not really hungry to starving again.

I share all of this experience because as I was waiting for the food after the second time I walked in the Lord said "Sarah, does this remind you of something"....and immediately the thought that came to mind was yeah like this I don't realize how hungry I am until I am in church. I am worshiping, being fed with God's word, and have such a craving on Sundays.  I don't realize how famished and starving I am all week long until I walk in and "smell" the fragrance of Christ.

During the week I read some scripture and talk to God some throughout the day, listen to Christian radio but it is not intimate time with Lord. It is more of a quick fix I am trying to accomplish then actually settling down for a few minutes and spending quality time with My Daddy.  So my prayer is Lord make me aware of that craving for Christ everyday. Let reading the Bible and Christian music not be head knowledge but Heart change.  Satisfy my cravings as you are the only One and thing that can!!


On another note Friday night Matt took me out on a surprise dinner date. We went to Bonefish Grill..one of our favorite places. We got a free $25 gift card certificate in the mail.  Can't beat that!

Pray requests:
Please pray for-
*My Grandmother (Mama)- she is in the hospital with pneumonia. She recently had her gallbladder out and also is having trouble eating too.
*Strength for me as I am training to run a 10k on Nov. 14th

Thank you so much!
Love,
The Valentines xoxo

No comments: