shabby

Thursday, February 18, 2010

Climbing the Mountain

Tonight the quote " Everyone's got a  mountain to climb and most of those mountains are steeper than mine" really hits home to me.  It has been a stressful last few weeks of packing up all our stuff to move, being busy at work,  migraines, and high emotions.  Poor Matt can attest to lots of emotions in the Valentine Home. Life can get pretty crazy but in the big scheme of things our life is extremely blessed.  We have food, shelter, wonderful family, friends, and we both have jobs.  So many people have none of these things.

When I went to Africa in 2007 I realized life is about perspective.  The African people living in the slums were as joyful as ever because they didn't base their life on material things and get caught up in what they don't have. They found happiness and joy in the Lord and loving others.   

Focusing on being thankful for what I have.  Matt has always been a man of patience and truth.  I thank the Lord for him everyday! God knew I would need a patient and loving husband.  

Oh and not to forget about Mr. Louie :) He is good as always.  He was able to play with my Dad's dog Rufus and Jeff and Jenna's dog Colt this week so Louie has been in dog Heaven.

"Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, in prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and minds in Christ Jesus." Philippians 4:6-7


No comments: