So every since Matt and I got married the Lord has been teaching us about finances. He is showing us the areas that need to be changed and constantly opens our eyes and changes our hearts. I watched a video about finances from a Godly perspective this afternoon and here are some of my notes. I hope the Lord uses some of this info in your life as well :)
"If you don't have the right belief system, you'll never make the right financial decisions"-Ron Blue
Give in order to receive. (completely opposite of our culture)
5 Principals of Managing Money:
1. Spend less than you earn
2. Avoid the use of debt
3. Build Savings
4. Set long term goals and prioritize in the short term
5. God owns all of it anyway
Pretty simple but yet so true!
How did I get here financially and why? Deal with the Heart issues and don't just treat the symptom.
How you spend your money, reflects the things you value in life.
Being content. Paul said " I learned to be content". We can get so sidetracked with the next best thing and constantly wanting what we don't have. ahhh contentment what a great place to be. Lord help Matt and I with being content and to focus on YOU! Live through us and let Your light shine. Help us rely on You and not ourselves.
"There is no shortage of money in the world but shortage of obedience"-Ron Blue
Enjoy the moments and choose to be CONTENT :)
Love,
The Valentines
xoxo
No comments:
Post a Comment